9.03.2010

Spiritual Rehab

Days like yesterday make it feel like a lockdown in here..
BUT something I've decided is everything happens for a reason.. Brand new concept right?
I'm totally twisting the way I feel about being here and I'm gonna love it every day for the rest of my days here.
I have just checked myself into rehab.
Spiritual rehab that is.. :)
I think that I put off the important things when I had my "freedom" and this is one of the many mysterious works of my Heavenly Father. I'll show YOU too busy.. HA take 4+ weeks of bed rest! That should give you some time.. :)
What's on your list of things you SHOULD do every day but you don't think you have time for?
Read your scriptures? 
Read a book?
Write in your journal?
Well in spiritual rehab, you have all the time in the world to do all of those things every day!
So this is a list of things I am going to do every day:

1. Read my scriptures. Specifically, the Book of Mormon.
My goal is to read the entire BOM before Mike and I get sealed.
If I can do it before the baby comes, even better!!
2. Read "The Holy Temple" by: Boyd K. Packer.
My goal is to have this read before Mike and I go through the temple for the first time.
The sooner the better obviously!
3. Read "21 Days Closer to Christ" by: Emily Freeman.
Every day there's a section to read with a challenge! Perfect!
4. Write in my journal (or blog) about all of the things I read, learn and love about all of these awesome books! Blogging is really like modern day journal writing, only a journal that you don't mind others seeing.. :) I love blogging!

Its not easy being here in rehab.. first you gotta admit you have a problem!
Hello my name is Alecia and I'm a make-an-excuse-for-everything-aholic.
Anyone else care to check themselves in?
Remember! The only way to succeed in this program is to make every minute of the day count and I promise the reward will be worth it. 
But I'm not an expert I'm just a patient! I'll get back to you when I've graduated.. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment