3.24.2011

Fluff

That is what my blog is made of I'm afraid. Someday I hope to change that into something more meaningful than what I want my bathroom to look like (see my last blog lol). I read so many blogs and am inspired by beautiful people writing the simplest of things in such extraordinary ways and it blows. my. mind.
Why can't I be that stinkin creative and intuitive? Not fair.
I have been thinking about so many things lately and I think this will be my semi-private therapy sesh with myself. Here we go.
I am currently going to school at University of Phoenix. (totally expensive but also very convenient)
My major is Elementary Education. My entire life I have pretended to be a teacher in front of a classroom full of kids that looked up to me. I moved all of my furniture in my room to match my favorite teacher's classroom in 4th grade. Her name was Mrs. Hauser and she drank diet coke and was gorgeous.
So I wore pencil skirts and fake glasses and drank diet coke to perhaps steal her coolness factor.
The only problem is I don't know if I am that passionate about teaching anymore. I loved it when I was a kid and I loved teaching dance in high school, but my heart is elsewhere now.
All I can think about lately is photography, graphic design, weddings, and interior design. For a number of reasons:
1. I want to take amazing pictures of milo as he grows up.
2. Making cute wedding invites with graphic design sounds like a hobby, not a job.
3. Who doesn't love the magic of weddings? Planning my own was a fantasy.
4. I'm obsessed with the DIY network. Bathtastic is my favorite show. I love visualizing houses for what they can be.
5. All of these jobs could potentially make a LOT more than an elementary school teacher.
6. I love beautiful, creative things. I want to surround myself with inspiring things that trigger me to be a better version of myself.
Sooo I'm gonna change my major.
To what, I have no idea yet.
I'll get back to you.
:]

1 comment:

  1. I feel you girly! I went with English as my major because I had always liked it in high school, but things change as you grow! So I switched to nursing :) You would be fantastic at any of the things you listed above, go with your gut and do something you LOVE! I believe in you :)

    ReplyDelete