4.06.2011

Satan works in pretty obvious ways..

Isn't that so true?
Sometimes, I admit, Satan working on you can be a gradual thing but it always is when you are trying to live your life right!
Last October, I was on request for Milo at the NICU and fell asleep watching it in the pumping room. (tmi.. sorry)

This April conference, Mike and I spent all day Saturday in the ER.

All day Sunday we were both falling asleep through conference.. Mike has an excuse because he was loopy on pain meds and they knocked him out. But I don't have an excuse.

I. feel. pathetic... ugh.
I need a swift kick in the pants to get me out of this funk I've been walking around in!
Young moms are supposed to have energy to clean the house, take care of the baby, have dinner on the table, make baby blankets, remodel gross bathrooms, yada yada yada!
Did I miss the sign up sheet for magic mommy medicine?
Cuz, I need some.
Although I did see this picture today that made me feel better about my messy house:

Ok I'm done complaining. I did watch a few talks on Sunday and one that stood out to me was Elder Lynn G. Robbins. He said, "To do without to be is hypocrisy." He went on to talk about the Savior and that people would flatter Him with their lips, but were not honoring Him with their hearts.
Going to church, going visiting teaching, and paying tithing are all things to do to be faithful. Without faith in Christ and His church, these actions do not have personal meaning.
This seriously opened my eyes and made me take a step back.
If a week comes and goes without going to church, I kick myself all day because I'm worried about what the ward will think and what my mom will think. I'm sad to admit that most of the time, I'm not worried about my relationship with Christ, which trumps everything.
I definitely have a personal relationship with my Savior, and I want to strengthen that relationship every day.
So here is my to be list:
{I want to be diligent in learning, both in the Gospel and in school. I want to base my testimony on knowledge and faith through learning and searching. I want to open my mind to new information in school so I can be a better mother and wife.}
{I want to be selfless. When a situation presents itself to serve someone, I want to have a deep desire to help them at all costs and put myself in their shoes so I can have a deeper love for people, especially my family. Something I want to do that requires being selfless is accepting a calling in my ward and going to any opportunity to serve, such as helping someone move, service projects, donating food for the scouts, etc.}
{I want to be more friendly and outgoing. Something I've struggled with about going to church is the social aspect. Friends from high school would probably be surprised, but that is just the point. I'm not a social butterfly like I was in high school. I really have no desire to talk to people I don't know because I'm not comfortable with it. I know that by being so self-interested, I close myself off to people and reject a possibility to serve or comfort someone else. I want to be friendly so I can better serve others, especially in my ward.}
{I want to be more unconditionally loving and accepting and less judgmental. I hope I'm not the only person who admits to passing a few judgments and feeling horrible about it later, but I definitely need to work on that. I don't want to be outgoing to people for no reason. I want to love them unconditionally and be willing to sacrifice for someone besides myself.}
After I BEcome these things, I want to DO these things:
[Pay a full tithe, as hard as it can be in this economy. I want to have faith in the Lord as I do so.]
[Go to church every week. Not because I guilt myself into going, but because I am earnest to learn more about the Gospel and practice my faith.]
[Receive a calling in the church. I want to have a passion for serving and for knowledge.]
[Teach my children about the Gospel. I want to teach them about it because of my testimony of its truth and the power of faith and prayer in my personal life.]
I'm a sucker for lists, I think I've finally made one worth writing.
XOXO, Alecia
ps. Milo is now eating SOLIDS! He loves squash, bananas, carrots, rice cereal, and sweet potatoes! {He's not sure about peas, not that I blame him}

5 comments:

  1. Alecia! i love this! you are amazing and i know you can achieve all of your goals! :) you have my love and support through and through.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alecia, I'm so glad I'm not alone, you said the exact words of how I'm feeling, if you ever find out where that mommy energy medicine is let me know!!! You are inspiring :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your amazing heart! I am so proud of you! I am the luckiest mom in the world! It touches my heart that you are so close to the Savior and want that for Milo! I could not ask for more for you and your family! I love you so much! Thanks for touching my heart in your blog! I love to read them :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Alecia, I love this post, those are really great goals. The first year of Malachi's life I felt a lot the same. Some new Mom's may have all that energy but I think for most of us it is just a farce we are promoting about ourselves. Becoming a stay-at-home mom is an adjustment, it is hard to be disciplined because it all has to come from yourself. There is no boss or supervisor, and that makes it harder. What really helped me was a book that Kristi gave me called "Get Your Act Together" by the Slob Sisters. They laid out a great system that is not too stressful. To learn more about it you can read my blog post: http://char-is-ma.blogspot.com/2010/10/get-your-act-together.html Not that I think you are a slob or unorganized or anything, but this really helped me a lot and I feel like if I don't pass it on I would be holding out on you. Whether or not you read the book you are in a good place right now because you are starting on goals. The hardest part is starting. Good luck!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I, too, slept through most of conference... in previous years I have eaten up every word. I have being 8 months pregnant to blame, but STILL... it's easy to download the mp3 versions and listen to them in the car, or anywhere... I love waiting for the conference Ensign to come out, I'm a better visual learner anyway. Anyway. Sorry for the random comment but I wanted to shout out that I hear ya! (Katie's sis-in-law).

    ReplyDelete