5.19.2011

New look, same great taste!

Ok maybe not taste.. haha
Today is the first day of transforming the insecure Alecia into a blazing hot mama!
I don't want to change who I am, except maybe improve some flaws of course. I just want to be comfortable in my own skin. I don't want to be ashamed to take Milo swimming because of my insecurities in my body.
Mike and I both decided we want to be more healthy, if for nothing else than Milo's sake. Notice I said healthy, not skinny! I don't want to be obsessed with the number on the scale.
The truth is, I have been dreading any weather that requires me to take off my baggy hoody and jeans..
Thank goodness for this rainy weather right! :)
Despite my self-consciousness, Mike forced me to go to Ross (love that store) and buy a shirt that made me feel sexy.
Approximately 14 shirts later, I found one that disguised by post-baby pooch and brought the attention upward. I wore it to Mike's sister's house for a get-together and let me tell you..
That was the first time I restored faith in this body of mine.
I. felt. cute. (maybe a little hot, but let's not push it)
So since that is now the only shirt I feel super in, we went back and swept the clearance section and found a 6-dollar dress that is also dynamite. It has gathers at the waist making it flow away from my body right at my poochy tummy area and comes back in right above the knee. Not to mention the top is black and white striped with an adorable ruffle that really is flattering! Someday I'll post a picture.. haha
I wore that last night to Mike's sister's again and WOW! I straightened my hair, wore heels, and felt amazing.
As vain as this may sound, you know it is so true! A rockin piece of clothing that accentuates your favorite parts of your body can make you feel like a totally new person!
Ok so this blog is starting to sound like me obsessing over my body.. yuck I hope not!
The point of this blog post was to tell everyone (mainly myself) that I am taking charge of my life one stellar dress at a time.
Today is Day 1 of Alecia and Mike doing the Dukan Diet. I bought the book and thoroughly read the reasoning behind the food choices and I have to say, it really makes sense to me.
Unlike the Atkins diet that lets you eat an unlimited amount of fatty stuff like mayonnaise, butter, bacon etc, the Dukan Diet was specifically created to be realistic and not drastically alter your regular lifestyle.
Here's a brief summary:


Phase One: Attack
The Attack phase consists of pure protein products and creates a kick-start to the diet. During this phase, you can eat 72 high-protein foods enabling immediate and noticeable weight loss.
Phase Two: 
The Cruise phase will take you to your True Weight. During this phase you will gradually but steadily lose weight by alternating Pure Protein days and Protein + Vegetables days. The average length of this phase is based on a schedule of 3 days for each pound you want to lose.
Phase Three:
The Consolidation Phase is designed to prevent the rebound effect by gradually returning previously forbidden foods and allowing for two “celebration" meals per week. This phase follows a strict timeline – 5 days per every pound lost in Cruise Phase.
Phase Four:

This phase is the rest of your life! To keep your newly found body, you must follow these three simple but non-negotiable rules:
  1. Consume 3 Tablespoons of oat bran per day.
  2. Choose to take the stairs whenever possible.
  3. Have a pure-protein Thursday, i.e. Attack Phase menu.


That sums it up! There are obviously more details on the website found
here. 


This morning I had egg whites seasoned with pepper and onion salt topped with non-fat cheddar cheese. On the side I had a cup of non-fat cottage cheese and a non-fat strawberry banana yogurt. I was expecting to have to gag down every meal, but I actually really loved it. Knowing you are eating healthy and having it taste good is the best feeling. 

For those of you who are interested in my little journey, I am going to be posting recipes on here that I love. Even if you don't want to do the entire diet, these meals are healthy for anyone with any condition, even pregnant women! For lunch/dinner today I am going to try Garlic & Cheese stuffed chicken. mmmmmmmm :)


On a side note, Milo is sitting up all on his own and now drinks out of a sippy cup and attempts to eat finger foods. :) Can you believe he is EIGHT months old! Ugh! I can't!
XOXO, Alecia (aka soon-to-be blazing hot mama)

2 comments:

  1. Scott and I plan on going on a diet this summer, I'll have to check that one out. Almost 2 years later and I still have that baby pooch. I decided its time to take some action, and maybe I'll have to head to Ross to find something I can feel great in too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Let me know how this goes! I'm always a little wary to start diets, but this one sounds pretty good. You go, girl! :)

    ReplyDelete