2.26.2010

We're having a baby!!!

I had taken many tests month after month so I wasn't expecting anything new like, say, a positive! I peed on my little stick and when two lines came up instead of the routine single line.. I walked out of the bathroom looked at my sweet husband and he rushed to me, held me in his arms and with tears in his eyes he said "You're pregnant oh my gosh!" We both were beside ourselves. SUCH a precious moment in our life together.
Although, it was still really hard to believe that was the definite answer. So we went to the hospital and got a blood pregnancy test, which was also a neat experience. My mom and Mike were there to hold my hand when I had to get a shot, instead of just my mom like the rest of my life. The register lady gave us a little blue flower to go on my hospital bracelet as our first souvenir of our first baby's life. It was very surreal! And we didn't even know the results yet!
Later that night, Mike and I were alone at his office and I called the number I was supposed to call to get my results. The lady all of a sudden blabbed "It's positive." Completely monotone. No sign of human emotion.. lol It took me a few seconds to realize what she was saying because HELLO! Its exciting news, not robotic, non-emotional news!! Anyway, it settled in as Mike and I both listened and we did the same thing. We looked at each other, me with butterflies of all kinds of emotions, and him I'm sure with fright panic and nervousness.. haha
We called my mom and told her since she was already at the hospital with us! She screamed out loud and was SOOOO excited for us!! I'm the only child she has so the fact that we're giving her a grandbaby means so much to her! And since we were at the office we told Lance, Mike's uncle, and his dad! They were both excited for us and probably surprised I'm sure!
I've been kind of nervous to tell anyone because it is really early along in the pregnancy and I'm scared of all of the things new moms are scared of. Miscarriage. I can't imagine having this feeling taken from me and if it is, I'll have to tell everyone that right after telling them the happy news! That would be so hard.. But I'm trying to keep things positive! Heavenly Father is in charge of this one. He knew we were meant to have this experience, whatever it turns in to. If its supposed to be a healthy pregnancy with a healthy baby then it will be! I have to remember to not stress myself out. (Work in progress for sure.. lol)
Well I'm 6 1/2 weeks along and next week I'll be able to hear our little Sweet Pea's heartbeat on an ultrasound! How very exciting!! :)

1 comment: