7.15.2012

21 Days Closer to Christ

I have actually already started reading this book called "21 Days Closer to Christ" by Emily Freeman. I believe I started this process when I was on bed rest with Milo (2 years ago) and I had all the time in the world to read and blog. I don't ever want to be put on bed rest again, especially now having a toddler to take care of, but one thing I miss about it is all of the spare time (alone time) to read, ponder, journal, etc.
I will never have that kind of uninterrupted spare/alone time again until my kids are all old and married so I have to find the time to still fit in that kind of spiritual building. Once Milo got here, I stopped reading my scriptures and journaling (blogging). It was like I was only doing it to keep myself from dying of boredom, which makes me sad. I wasn't even fully "active" in the church at that time, but yet I look back at those posts and long for the spiritual strength that I had then.
Then I realized.. I wasn't necessarily any stronger spiritually, but I was being obedient. I was surrounding myself with the gospel and simply doing the things I should. That was the difference! So here I am, 2 years later, re-discovering myself spiritually.
Here are my goals:
1. Take on the 21 Days Closer to Christ challenge.
2. Blog/journal about my thoughts and progress on this journey.
3. Share something that may inspire someone else, as I have been so inspired by others.
4. At the end of the 21 days, I want to have a stronger relationship with my Savior and with my husband (who happens to be embarking on this journey with me).
So for anyone who is curious about the book and this challenge, I will be writing down the daily challenge/inspiration/scriptures that are included in the book so that anyone can feel free to do the same! Or for those who are interested on what the book is or where to get it...

http://deseretbook.com/21-Days-Closer-Christ-Emily-Freeman/i/4988482

I got this book at the "Time Out For Women" retreat, but the book is originally from Deseret Book. Here is what the cover looks like:


If anybody decides to do this journey with me, let me know! It would be so cool to hear someone else's perspective or personal experiences relevant to this journey. :)
Here's to one step closer to forever with my family!
xoxo,
Alecia

No comments:

Post a Comment